We are always looking for talented individuals with a passion for ethical fashion, empowering artisans (especially women!) and helping consumers make more conscious choices.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter describing why you think you would be a good fit for Bhoomki. Even when we're not looking to fill any positions, we'll always flag strong resumes for follow-up when opportunities open up in the future.
OPEN POSITIONS (APRIL 2021):
E-COMMERCE & RETAIL MANAGER
Are you passionate about sustainable fashion, textiles, people and the planet? Are you an experienced full-time store manager who loves nothing more than retail and merchandising? We want to meet you!
We are a well-established ethical fashion company that manufactures its own line and also sells clothing and accessories from other like-minded designers. We are looking for an EXPERIENCED Store Manager to run our beautiful little boutique in Park Slope, Brooklyn, 5 days/week. The person in this position receives a 360-degree perspective on running a fashion business: in-store and online. We need sharp minds and a willingness to learn.
This person will:
- Style clients in ensembles of apparel and accessories available at Bhoomki
- Provide exceptional customer service through knowledge of our product and passion for our sustainable fashion mission
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and ENTHUSIASM in communication with clients and ownership
- Consistently be DETAIL ORIENTED and HIGHLY ORGANIZED
- Open and close the shop, as a keyholder, strictly adhering to an opening and closing procedure checklist
- Master Shopify, our point of sale Mac-based system
- Process inventory when it arrives by writing POs, tagging product, and preparing it for the sales floor
- Update products to our online store hosted by Shopify when needed
- Write product descriptions for our online store when needed
- Develop relationships with customers, reaching out when merchandise arrives
- Actively work towards meeting monthly sales goals
- Oversee with ownership all aspects of brick and mortar store management
- Manage scheduling of part-time employees
- Regularly update our operations manual
- Organize trunk shows and shopping parties for customers when we return to socially gathering
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of managerial retail experience in a small business setting a MUST
- Proficiency in Shopify a plus
- Highly motivated and punctual
- Effective management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills—proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in DropBox, Google Docs and Drive
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator a Plus
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be available to work all of June, July and over the December holidays
How to apply: Please send us your resume and a thoughtful cover letter telling us a little about yourself and why you would be great for this job. References are a must (please list at least two from other small businesses). We are looking to fill this position immediately. Thank you!
PART-TIME SALES AND STYLING SPECIALIST
We are looking for an energetic individual to join our team as a part-time retail associate. This person is passionate about the world of sustainable and ethical fashion. They must be available to work Mondays, Tuesdays, and one weekend day.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Helping customers select products and offering suggestions on how to style them
- Answering questions about the store and Bhoomki’s sustainability mission
- Developing a sophisticated understanding of Shopify POS and Shopify E-Commerce in order to accurately create products and purchase orders
- Tagging and maintaining merchandise in a pleasing fashion in order to promote sales
- Watching for security risks and thefts, handling/preventing unwanted situations
- Processing, packaging and sending out online orders from bhoomki.com
- 2-3 years of retail experience in a small business environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A friendly disposition, a can-do attitude and willingness to learn new things
- An affinity for keeping things beautiful, clean, and organized
- Ability to climb a ladder and lift at least 35 lbs without issue
- Proficiency in G Suite, Microsoft Office and Dropbox
- Adobe Creative Suite and/or sewing/alterations experience a plus (but not a must)
- Availability over summer months and from late-November through Christmas.
Approximately 14 hours/week
Retail & E-Commerce Manager and Owner
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com telling us briefly about yourself and why you would be a good fit for our team. Professional references are a must (please provide at least two).
Our COVID-19 precautions for our employees:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- We do not allow more than 4 bodies in the store at a time.